Monday, June 29, 2020

Insights Inspired by The Dalai Lama

I felt deep love and reverence for this great soul as I watched and listed to him on the biopic movie The Great 14th.

I heard him talk about his childhood in Tibet. 

The mother (his) was a great compassionate and kind being. He was greatly influenced by his mothers generous spirit. As mothers we do not prepare to be the influencer we are. There is great possibility in this role. In our hands comes a pure positive energy bundle which then learns the ways of the earth simultaneously living its highest intention and soul-purpose. All we need to do is BE and MODEL our highest intention and soul-purpose.  

Next I heard him talk about his playmates who gave him complete trust, honesty and fun. I felt astonished that he playmates were other monks and sweeper people. I thought how nice if our children could find this for themselves. We segregate and categorise who can and cannot be our children's playmates. All they need to learn from friends is to trust, be honest and to have unbridled fun. 

Next what simply captivated me is how he directed his life after he left his country in the face of deep adversity. He just walked towards freedom. And used his life well even when he had no country or even when he had no status and even when he had thousands of followers depending on him. I wish to take this aspect of his life to use mine well. I am re-resolving to use my life purposefully. I shall serve humanity and my autistic children to the best of my ability in every moment. No looking back for me!

I surrendered to his thought way of finding positive aspects of his life situation. As he receives his Nobel Peace Prize he says this is only because the Chinese Oppression pushed him out to the world. He feels compassionate towards them. He also quotes one of his teachers who says - the danger I felt while being tortured and suppressed by the Chinese was that I was loosing my ability to be compassionate towards them. How beautiful is that I thought!

The Great 14th also relinquishes the political power associated with his spiritual powers. He simply retains his spiritual journey while graciously steps back from that. Only a powerful soul who knows his purpose on earth can do this. In doing this he broke centuries old tradition and law. If this is possible what can we not do?

Last I have to mention his parting declaration - I shall remain as long as this space exists, as long this suffering exists, I shall do whatever I can to teach inner peace!

Thank you master! I bow in reverence to you!

No comments: